WELCOME !!!

My name is Gianpaolo, for Ham friends just "Gianpi".

Born in Torino (TO) on 7th Februar 1968, I live in a little village called Arma di Taggia (IM), on the Ligurian Coast, about 25 km with the French Border. I'm married with Cinzia, and I have two kids, Riccardo and Aurora !

I am an HAM since 1993, but I love radios already since 1985 !! My favourite activitiy it's DX'ing and Contesting...I travel quite a lot, and I love Island Activations or particularly places !I like fishing abord of my "FISH BANDIT", and I love photography, I am a Canon 7D enthusiast !

See this BLOG to know everything about my Radio Activity !!! A lot of information about me, my shack, my activity and dx-speditions and others things of my life!! I hope to meet you in frequency !!

Best 73 de IK1TTD Gianpi


Visualizzazioni totali

IK1TTD

IK1TTD
This is my shack today

CAVALLI, PIANA, TAVOLARA and MOLARA ISLANDS 2016

Here you find my log if you had a QSO with me during my Activity from Piana Island, Cavalli Island, Tavolara Island and Molara Island !


Piana Island -  The first island I have activated it is the Piana Island, a little and flat (as from his name) island.


The beach it is not longer then 30 meters...so if you want to be the first to come here you have to wake up very early ! The island doesn't offer any restaurant or other human installation.



The day I choose fro the activation was afflicted by some showers around, and also a thunderstorm ... and having a 11 meter high vertical antenna close to us was not really a good idea !! Anyway everything was fine, and I did my goal ! 

Click here below to check if you are on the log of this activation !

https://secure.clublog.org/logsearch/IM0/IK1TTD


***************************************************************

Cavalli Island - The second one I choose this year is called Cavalli Island; and with the help of my family we reach the island in the morning.

  
The Island it is very very little, and there is a little beach right in front; I place my antenna close to a big rocks, right on the water...
 

  Here below how's looks like the little beach of this island. Also here, the island doesn't offer any restaurant or other human installation.



Click here below to check if you are on the log of this activation !

 https://secure.clublog.org/logsearch/IM0/IK1TTD

 *****************************************************************************
 Tavolara Island - The biggest Island I have activated in 2016. Here there is a very interesting story, about the King of Tavolara. There is also a little cemetery in memory of his King.
 




Tavolara Island is also the site of a military Installation on the Est side of the island, but is is not allowed to walk until there. Otherwise, beach and sea are just fantastic, water it is cristal clear !  

Click here below to check if you are on the log of this activation !


https://secure.clublog.org/logsearch/IM0/IK1TTD

  *****************************************************************************

Molara Island - The last Island, one of the nicest corner is Molara ! Sailing here it is an amazing experience... there is so many nice place to mooring the boat ..


There is just a couple of thing to know... the Island it is an enormous rock, and the little beach I choose to land had a lot of big rock right on the beach, so you can feel the warm very close to you... in sunny days, this is not the best place to be ....  

... and then lot's of flies, bee and other little animals will draw you crazy ! Next time I will not forgot the spray ! 

Click here below to check if you are on the log of this activation !

https://secure.clublog.org/logsearch/IM0/IK1TTD