WELCOME !!!

My name is Gianpaolo, for Ham friends just "Gianpi".

Born in Torino (TO) on 7th Februar 1968, I live in a little village called Arma di Taggia (IM), on the Ligurian Coast, about 25 km with the French Border. I'm married with Cinzia, and I have two kids, Riccardo and Aurora !

I am an HAM since 1993, but I love radios already since 1985 !! My favourite activitiy it's DX'ing and Contesting...I travel quite a lot, and I love Island Activations or particularly places !I like fishing abord of my "FISH BANDIT", and I love photography, I am a Canon 7D enthusiast !

See this BLOG to know everything about my Radio Activity !!! A lot of information about me, my shack, my activity and dx-speditions and others things of my life!! I hope to meet you in frequency !!

Best 73 de IK1TTD Gianpi


Visualizzazioni totali

IK1TTD

IK1TTD
This is my shack today

PELLWORM ISLAND


Here you find my log if you had a QSO with me during my Activity from Pellworm Island (GERMANY)


============================



PELLWORM ISLAND EU 042

Every year in this period I travel Germany for business reasons.. and I always visit the EU-47 NOrderney Island; but this time I got the new that the Hotel where I intend to stay for the weekend was close for refurbishment.

I have to say that on this island there is a lot of Hotel, but most of them (for not not say all) they do not allow to mount any antenna, on the garden or on the roof.... this is a nice rouble !!!








Checking the map, I see there is another interesting island, little nit more toward North, and surprise !!!!! Also with a different reference !!! Quickly on Booking.com, and I found an hotel that can allow me to stay for couple of night! So let's go ! Get the cahnce to see a new Island !

I arrive at night in the darkness (really really darkness on this island... ) except in the city center (big like the school of my kids) ... I reach the Hotel... nobody inside.. but the door is open.. I jump inside.. nobody.. no one single sound around me... areoun dark ... almost scaring ...
 
After several minute came the owner, he was not alerted about my arrival... "SORRY" he said... "but we are in the lowest season" .... At that point I was start thinking I was forced to sleep in the car .... Then he said "But if you like here you can stay.. the HOtel is empty, you can choose the room you like"

"I am an HAM" I explaine.. "I need to put an antenna close to my windows for a couple of day... may I ??" The owner ... "Yes, no problem, we have 8 hectar space for your antenna !" Wow.. could be more lucky then this ???




The day after, with the daylight, I discover the Hotel was a wonderful manor surrounded by greenery everywhere! My antenna was right after the tree on the picture, hanged to a wood fence... wonderful !




Room was confortable, and big enough ! Table and chair right behind the windows was available, so I build quite quickly my station ! 



My setup was again the usual.. my Radio Bag with ICOM 706 (see here)  and the Antenna was the Rybacov Antenna well descibed here.
I always travel with this setup, and it is the perfect trim between portability and yield ... when everything is close it is just a case (radiobag), one little backpack (for coaxial cable and elastic ropes) and a fishing rod of 1 meter.. that's all !

This island it is smaller then Norderney, and there is very few people in this period, but very relaxing areas... silence everywhere... just my room was plenty of voices from all over the world....






  The few people living here they work with turist.. fishermans for restaurant, hotels owner ... not much happen here during winter... but the place is great to spend a weekend to relax yourself ! Perfect if you are travelling alone...