WELCOME !!!

My name is Gianpaolo, for Ham friends just "Gianpi".

Born in Torino (TO) on 7th Februar 1968, I live in a little village called Arma di Taggia (IM), on the Ligurian Coast, about 25 km with the French Border. I'm married with Cinzia, and I have two kids, Riccardo and Aurora !

I am an HAM since 1993, but I love radios already since 1985 !! My favourite activitiy it's DX'ing and Contesting...I travel quite a lot, and I love Island Activations or particularly places !I like fishing abord of my "FISH BANDIT", and I love photography, I am a Canon 7D enthusiast !

See this BLOG to know everything about my Radio Activity !!! A lot of information about me, my shack, my activity and dx-speditions and others things of my life!! I hope to meet you in frequency !!

Best 73 de IK1TTD Gianpi


Visualizzazioni totali

IK1TTD

IK1TTD
This is my shack today

PORQUEROLLES ISLAND

Here you find my log if you had a QSO with me during my Activity from Porquerolles Island (F) !!






Ile du Levant – IOTA - EU 070

FInally I get the IOTA CONTEST from a tue IOTA referencied Island !!! I have swith me a big case with: RTX Kenwood TS450SAT – Power Suppply 22 Amp. CTE International (21 KG !!!) – n meters of cable RG213 – Antenna Vertical Tagra 5 bands – Antenna mast – Headset with + Microphone (really useful) – Laptop – Dipole 10-40 (you never know !!!) – Tools.


Total weight: 41 kg !!!! Isn't true passion ???






The Island is a Natural Reserve, and here all guest are nudist !" ; shame that I never meet one under 60 year's old !!!! (hi…)






I reach the village with a little bus that was brand new probably 100 years ago ...  anyway works !!! Otherwise you can "climb" the hard hill (about 35/40degrees), and with 40kg it is not really easy to do !! By the way, the bus ticket it is of course expensive !!!!!






This is the alternativo climb path to the Village if you don't take the little bus ....





Ready to go ON AIR !! Shame, I'm a bit covered to North, but let's see what will happens ! I shooted this photos the day after, but I assembly the antenna in the dark night before ...Can't tell you how many bad word was used becasue the dark .....





F/IK1TTD from EU 70 ready to go !!! ….





The day after, atmosphere is relaxing, and I get the time to swim in the Mediterranean see and to enjoy this nice sunset !!!

 



And now back home ! Island is very nice, but the location's not really the best one for a Contest ... Ok, may be propagation did'nt help me but ....everything was too tiresome, too complicated, too muach climbing, and too many money ! ...
Next time I will be active from my garden !!