WELCOME !!!

My name is Gianpaolo, for Ham friends just "Gianpi".

Born in Torino (TO) on 7th Februar 1968, I live in a little village called Arma di Taggia (IM), on the Ligurian Coast, about 25 km with the French Border. I'm married with Cinzia, and I have two kids, Riccardo and Aurora !

I am an HAM since 1993, but I love radios already since 1985 !! My favourite activitiy it's DX'ing and Contesting...I travel quite a lot, and I love Island Activations or particularly places !I like fishing abord of my "FISH BANDIT", and I love photography, I am a Canon 7D enthusiast !

See this BLOG to know everything about my Radio Activity !!! A lot of information about me, my shack, my activity and dx-speditions and others things of my life!! I hope to meet you in frequency !!

Best 73 de IK1TTD Gianpi


Visualizzazioni totali

IK1TTD

IK1TTD
This is my shack today

THE QRP EXPERIENCE

The QRP EXPERIENCE start immediately, becasue while I was waiting to buy a HF Transceiver, a good firend of mine gave me th FT7B from YAESU MUSEN, 5watt only !!

That was my first radio ! It was just umbelievable how was possible to have so nice dx with just low power ... few months later, I got my first Kenwood 100watt ouput, and soon I forgot the possibility of low power ...

Then recently I bought for fun a kit: the SW20+ from Small Wonder Labs, a little QRP CW TRANSCEIVER ... a real low power, just 2.5 watt !

After building the kit, started to send some CW, and the first time that I try to reply to somebody, immediately I got the reply ! The surprise was twice, when I heard the full call .. A45XR !! Umbelievable ! Just 2.5 watt and a GP 1/4 fo 20 meter just hang on the garden ... This is the "power" of low power !!





  ==============


During my holiday in my Summer House in Sardinia, I got a lot of contact from USA with my little QRP ! So fun !





 ==============


Here below some picture from a recently short activity from San Bernardino Pass, about 2000mt. high !! Very cold, but lot of fun !!






==============