WELCOME !!!

My name is Gianpaolo, for Ham friends just "Gianpi".

Born in Torino (TO) on 7th Februar 1968, I live in a little village called Arma di Taggia (IM), on the Ligurian Coast, about 25 km with the French Border. I'm married with Cinzia, and I have two kids, Riccardo and Aurora !

I am an HAM since 1993, but I love radios already since 1985 !! My favourite activitiy it's DX'ing and Contesting...I travel quite a lot, and I love Island Activations or particularly places !I like fishing abord of my "FISH BANDIT", and I love photography, I am a Canon 7D enthusiast !

See this BLOG to know everything about my Radio Activity !!! A lot of information about me, my shack, my activity and dx-speditions and others things of my life!! I hope to meet you in frequency !!

Best 73 de IK1TTD Gianpi


Visualizzazioni totali

IK1TTD

IK1TTD
This is my shack today

SARDINIA 2014

 
Here you find my log if you had a QSO with me during my Activity from:

-  San Teodoro, NU (I)

Fava Castle, NU (I)




 =========================


FAVA CASTLE ACTIVATION DCI NU-002
 

Ready to fo for a little activation with my son ... 
I choose the Castle of the Fava Beans, not so far away from my Holiday House ! I did a little inspectio nbefore to go, and after I got the "green light" from the custodian of the Historical site I was ready to go !


To climb on the Castel ther is a narrow and hard rockway, not difficult if you are just walking, but hanging with you several kg's of radio will be a bit different ...











The curious name of the Castel has origin by a nice legend ...  



 In 1300 a Turkish fleet landed on the island coasts and laid siege to their Posada in order to conquer hunger . In an attempt to deceive the people of the besiegers Posada did eat the last handful of beans remained at a pigeon , wounding him slightly ; this during the flight fell into the camp of the Turks , revealing a stomach full of beans and causing the attackers to overestimate the food resources of the islanders . So it was that the Turks are convinced that they have no hope , they removed the siege and left the island's shores






The activations gave me the possibility to understand that there is still  a lot of interess in the Award for Italian Castle !the D.C.I. the Award for Italian Castle !

=========================